When it comes to my family I can never be too safe. I am the type of the person that has extra locks on all my doors as well as a house alarm. When we moved into the neighborhood I live in now a year ago we tried to make sure that we were moving somewhere safe. We searched crime databases, sexual predator databases and basically anything else we could think of. With the AlertID App it does that does all the hard work for you and puts it in one place. Now you can be aware of things going on in your neighborhood with just a push of a button on your phone.
AlertID is a free mobile and online service that helps protect families and neighborhoods across the country. At will change the way you think about public safety information. AlertID uses technology to help you and your neighbors as well as federal, state, and local authorities share information about crime, terrorism, natural disasters, missing children and severe weather, among many others, that can threaten the safety of families and neighborhoods.
AlertID’s mission is: to help you live safely by providing a secure way to receive trusted public safety alerts and share information with your family and your neighbors.
An interactive map displays potential threats to your family, neighborhood, schools and the community at large. An electronic neighborhood watch helps you warn your neighbors and allows them to warn you. Police and emergency authorities can also inform you when there is something that poses a danger to your neighborhood.
In the interactive map you can click on the different icons to give you more detailed information about that particular item. When you click on the sex offender icon you find out the name of the person, a photo as well as everything you need to know about that person and their crimes. Knowing about the person can keep you aware of the situation and who to be on the lookout for. You can also find out about burglaries, stolen property and more. Of course the less icons the better because that would mean your neighborhood has less crime.
These alerts are accessible to members online through their website as well as by email and the most convenient way is through the mobile app.
- Established partnership with the National Crime Prevention Council.
- Received support of the U.S. Department of Justice
- Received the bipartisan endorsement of national, state and local legislators, as well as law enforcement and emergency responders.
- Nevada Governor, Brian Sandoval, adopts AlertID.
- AlertID adds My Family Wallet™ to mobile applications, revolutionizing Child Safety.
- Enhanced iPhone, iPad and Android applications launched nationwide including Homeland Security Reporting.
- Expansion to national platform with National Media Coverage.
- Severe weather, Earthquake alerts and National Event Map added to AlertID service platform.
- AlertID Broadcast System (ABS) used to send critical evacuation information to residents during fires.
- ABS used to help locate missing children and missing endangered elderly.
- AlertID’s Secure Social Network™ launched including group communications and emergency alerts.
- AlertID launches its partner program to help support charities through direct contributions.
- As of 5/1/14, AlertID provides sex offender data for 90 percent of the total U.S. population
- Alerts Delivered – more than 120 million to date, and more than 500 thousand every day
- More than 1 million members in more than 72,000 neighborhoods and 85% of US zip codes
- Covering Neighborhoods in All 50 states, the entire UK, more than 30 countries and growing.
You can connect with AlertID on their website, Facebook, Pinterest and @AlertID on Twitter.