I can't believe it is almost time for Daylight Savings. It is time for clocks to "fall back an hour" since it is Fall. That also means it is that time to change your batteries in your smoke detectors.
This year the time change is on November 4 and it also marks the 25th anniversary of the annual Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program. Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are once again working with local fire departments nationwide to raise awareness on the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes.
I have always been a girl with a thing for statistics. I guess it is the librarian/researcher in me. Statistics are something I can analyze and take the results to learn something. One super scare statistic is that thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24 percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries.* Yikes!
From October 11 through November 4, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day for 25 days. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $150 is:
· One reusable grocery tote
· Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
· One package of Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries
· One package of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (AA) with Power Seal Technology
· Two Energizer flashlights
· Two Energizer Flameless Wax Candles
· One Energizer Bunny Plush Bunny
To help spread the word about Change Your Clock, Change your Battery I received a Family Safety Kit complete with a reusable grocery tote containing:
· One 2-pack of Energizer® MAX®Batteries (9v) with Power Seal Technology
· One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
· One Energizer® Weatheready®Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
· One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
The total value of the Family Safety Kit is approximately $78 per kit.
This is the same kit that I am offering up to giveaway to one reader.
The Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program is just one of the ways Energizer brings to life the company’s commitment to making a positive impact in communities across the country. that’s positivenergy™ For more information, please visit energizer.com and facebook.com/energizerbunny.
* Fire statistics were obtained from reports by the Fire Analysis and Research Division of the National Fire Protection Association.
The Giveaway: How would you like to win a Family Safety Kit from Energizer? I have one to give away to one lucky contestant! To enter the giveaway follow the directions below. This step must be done before you can qualify for extra entries.