This is the most simple, delicious dish you could ever make! With the Holidays coming up, time to make dinner becomes a little more like a chore. This is the perfect meal for a nice sit down dinner that doesn't require you to stand over the stove for hours. It also makes the most tender roast I've ever had!
Things You Need:
For the Roast:
- 2 Cans Green Beans (strained)
- 2 Cans Corn (strained)
- 1/2 Bag of Baby Carrots
- 6 Med Red Potatoes (cubed)
- Season Salt
For the Broth:
- 4 Cups of Water
- 1/2 Lg White Onion
- 3 Beef Bouyon Cubes
- Pour your water in a small pot, add the 1/2 onion thickly chopped and 3 beef bouyon cubes.
- Heat to boiling and then let simmer for 5 min.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- While the beef broth is cooling. Tenderize your roast by stabbing it with a fork everywhere. Make sure to cover the entire roast.
- Season the roast by sprinkling Season Salt and Pepper all over the surface and rubbing it in.
- If your roast is too big for your pot (like mine was) slice it in half to fit.
- Pour the broth into the crock pot (it can be warm, just not boiling) and then add your roast and vegetables.
- Let cook for 6 hours, turning the roast at the 3 hour point.
- Viola! You have deliciousness.
This is the perfect meal to start in the morning and have ready when everyone gets home from work/school! You can change up the broth by substituting with Onion, Beef Onion or French Onion Soup mix as well. Just make as it says on the package and add it in place of the broth.
Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!