FOOTBALL CHILI RECIPE
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 TBS Garlic Powder
- 2 TBS Chili Powder
- 2 TBS Celery Salt
- 1 TBS Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Paprika
- 1 medium Onion; chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic; minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 28 oz can of Crushed Tomato
- 16 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 15.5 oz can of Chili Beans
- 2 cups of red wine
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Place a deep stock pot or Dutch oven on back burner and turn heat to low.
- Brown beef in a skillet; drain.
- Move to pot.
- Cover with Crushed Tomatoes and Sauce.
- Sauté onions, garlic and spices. Do not blend spices into onion. (See picture)
- Add sautéed veggies and spices to pot.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 45 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add beans, wine, and vinegar.
- Allow to simmer for at least one hour.
- If too thin, mix 1/4 cup flour with 1/4 cup water; temper in part of Chili sauce then pour into Chili, allow to cook another 20 minutes
|Sauté the onions while heating the dry spices|
|Sorry spoons, this is just a picture!|
- To honor the Super Bowl location, add Cajun seasoning and an Andouille sausage with jalapeño corn bread
- Straight up in a bowl with cheddar cheese on top and Beer Bread (See recipe below)
- Pour into shot glasses, layer with sour cream
- Pour over rice or spaghetti
- Serve over nacho chips
BEER BREAD RECIPE
|Beer Bread goodness|
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 12 oz beer; room temperature
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbl cracked pepper
- 2 tbl melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan.
- Mix all ingredients expect butter, small lumps are fine.
- Pour into pan and coat top with melted butter.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy! Feel free to share on Pinterest and let us know if you tried the recipe in the comments below!