With Valentine's Day just one short week away, I'm sure you're wondering what to get your hubby and/or your kids for this special holiday of love. While the holiday is sweet, I'm not one for big extravagant gifts since we just did that less than two months ago. I usually go a simpler route and opt for candy! So this year, Celebrate with HERSHEY'S!
I love HERSHEY'S chocolates. Some of my top favorites are Kit Kat and REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups. Imagine my delight when I opened up a package one day to an entire box full of decadent chocolate! I vowed that they were mine, all mine!
Too bad I'm a mom and that's never the case. I always end up sharing, whether I want to or not! Lil Man's birthday part was a few days after my package arrived, so I was a nice mommy and included the Twizzlers and York Peppermint Patties in his treat bags.
I opened up the boxes of HERSHEY'S Pot of Gold and Kit Kat to share with the whole family. Later on, we all shared the Hearts and I have to say they were good! I'm usually not a fan of plain chocolate, but these were so creamy and they were amazing! I am definitely picking those babies up again!
The Hershey's Kisses, well I'm saving those to do a Valentine craft for Lil Man's V-day party at school! There are so many things that you can create with Hershey's Kisses, including cookie recipes such as Kissing Santa Claus. Of course, you can bake them anytime of year!
The Celebrate with HERSHEY'S site is a great resource for crafts and recipes. I found these adorable little Valentine Love Bug Crafts and plan to make the caterpillar. I'll share the Butterfly instructions with you below and of course I'll share the Caterpillar after I make it too!
Love Bug Butterfly
Construction paper, felt or foam sheets
Low temperature hot glue gun and glue
HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Hearts or REESE'S Peanut Butter Filled Hearts
1. Cut body parts out of felt, foam sheets or construction paper.
2. Using the low temperature glue gun, attach candy to feet, ears and other parts.
3. Complete by gluing pipe cleaners, feathers, and wiggle eyes to add more personality.
1. Cut heart shapes in varying sizes out of three different colors of craft foam, felt or construction paper (2 in each color). These will be layered to make the wings.
2. Cut one smaller heart shape out of craft foam, felt or construction paper to create the "body" of the butterfly.
3. Glue the hearts on top of each other to create two multi-colored wings for your butterfly, and then glue the wings to the "body" of the butterfly.
4. Add wiggle eyes and two pipe cleaners for antennae.
5. Finish off your Love Bug Butterfly by gluing some delicious HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Hearts, or the REESE'S Peanut Butter Filled Hearts in the center of each wing.
You can connect with HERSHEY'S on Facebook!